National Meat Sheep Judging Results 2016
1st - Emma Jane Lovell NSW
2nd - Kayla Walker Victoria
3rd - Kate Worth Queensland
Animal Health Statement/Declaration
National animal heath statements are a way for producers to provide information about the animal health status of their flocks and herds. Buyers should ask for a copyand use the information provided to determine the health risks associated with the animals offered for sale.
Agricultural Show societies require exhibitors to complete a declaration on the health status of animals participating in shows as part of showground biosecurity and the management of animal health.
At the Australian Sheep & Wool Show at Bendigo Showgrounds on Sunday 17th July
STATE FINALS RESULTS 2015
Oral Class Guidelines
VICTORIAN AGRICULTURAL SHOWS LTD
- You are allowed four minutes to line up the animals and to clearly express your views to the judge and spectators on why you placed the exhibits in a particular order.
- Have your reasons organised and emphasise the most important points you wish to make.
- The main objective when giving your reasons, is to inform the judge that you saw and compared each animal in the class.
- It is important that you make comparisons between animals rather than describe individual animals.
- Commence your oral reasoning as follows: "I placed this class 4 1 3 2 ............."
- Give the most important reasons first and remember to use comparative terms. Where necessary you will then follow with: "I grant (admit) that 1 is better than 4 in ............"
- This demonstrates to the judge the accuracy of your priorities. Mention major faults, if any.
- Continue in similar manner by comparing and granting the middle pair and finally the bottom pair.
· Be concise
· Show conviction in your placing's
· Give most important reasons first
· Use comparative terms.